Some friends went to do laser hair removal and found that the hair still grew out after a period of time. What’s going on? Laser hair removal needs to gradually destroy hair follicles. Due to the hair growth cycle, if it is done only once, the hair will still grow out. Laser hair removal needs to be done 3-5 times before complete hair removal. In addition, the number of courses will be different according to different parts.
Why does laser hair removal still grow?
What is the principle of laser hair removal?
The principle of laser hair removal is to adjust the wavelength of the laser so that the speed of light penetrates the surface of the skin and is absorbed by the hair follicle. Through the selective absorption of laser energy, the hair follicle is damaged and loses the ability of regeneration.
How long can laser depilation last?
Multiple laser hair removal can maintain the effect for a long time. Because the hair growth cycle has three stages, including growth stage, degenerative stage and resting stage, laser hair removal can only effectively remove the hair in the growth stage. Therefore, when three growth cycles of hair exist at the same time, at least one course of treatment must be completed in order to completely depilate.
How to care after laser hair removal?
- Do not swim or take a bath on the same day;
- Do not eat spicy food;
- Do a good job in sunscreen and apply sunscreen;
- Do not wear close fitting clothes with too dark color;
- Eat more fruits containing vitamin C, or eat vitamin C tablets directly. Vitamin C can improve skin resistance and reduce pigment production;
- During laser depilation, do not depilate in other ways, either physical or chemical, which may lead to pigment production.